Montreal, Place d’Armes, QC
Bank of Montreal was established in 1817, forty years later it moved to its new headquarters on Place d’Armes. The façade is inspired by Roman antiquity, with crenellated Corinthian columns and a triangular pediment. In 1977, the bank’s head office was transferred to Toronto, operating under the BMO brand. A small museum tells the history of the bank and shows some old documents.
To be informed of upcoming articles, register here (it’s free).