Ontario Lighthouses, ON
The Port Dalhousie Lighthouse is linked to the history of the Welland Canal, bypassing Niagara Falls between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario. From 1829 to 1932 the canal ended here and several successive lighthouses have indicated its location. Today the widened canal passes within a few kilometres, with the lighthouse continuing to mark the entrance to the marina.
To be informed of upcoming articles, register here (it’s free).